The 2023 Jones Prodigy gives young shredders what they really need in a snowboard and has been constructed with the same materials and care as adult snowboards, but fun sized! The progression fueled design will get your grom riding as well, if not better, than you with its directional twin shape and a playful flex, perfect for freestyle riding. They can do it all with this board; ride rails, carve groomers, hit jumps, and even ride the backcountry. Camber underfoot gives stability and pop, while rocker and 3D Contouring at the nose and tail makes for smooth, catch free turns and extra float in the snow. Keep an eye out, Prodigy status will soon be unlocked with this board!
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre May 2022. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Board Type: All Mountain Freestyle
Camber Type: CamRock
A hybrid flex pattern which places camber underfoot and rocker in the tips, then moves it back towards the tail putting the power under your back foot. The longer rocker in the nose keeps it floating and improves manoeuvrability, while the camber underfoot enhances stability, edge hold, and response.
Flex: 4/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Softer flexing boards offer a less aggressive, more friendly feel which are easier to learn to progress on so you can find your feet and fully learn to control your board.
This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
Boards with V-Cores are slightly softer in the very centre of the board for improved manoeuvrability and stiffer from the inserts through the tip and tail for stability and pop.
Shape: Directional Twin
Rides just like a twin with a slightly directional shape, so you get better performance riding forwards but can still ride switch when you want to.
3D Base Contour 1.0
A subtle 3D base contour featuring an even balance of 2mm of bevel in the nose and tail. Spoon makes the base roll through turns instead of landing flat, making your turns smoother and more natural.
Core: FSC Classic Core
A full wood premium poplar core that offers great pop, even flex, and reliable durability.
A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fibreglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Base: Extruded 5000
The classic, strong base that was built for wax retention and durability.
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
Eco-Plastic Topsheet - An ultralight chip/scratch resistant topsheet made from castor beans. Good for your board, good for the environment.
Traction Tech 1.0 - Traction Tech 1.0 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board centre, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
Recycled Rounded ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improve the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
Natural Wend Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with Wend natural wax.
Bio Resin - All Jones boards are built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Bio Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Bio Resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Factory Tuned - All Jones snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail, so you can go riding straight away.
Forever Flex - Jones boards now are finished slightly overbuilt and are broken in using specialised machinery that mimics riding use. This flexes the fibers and epoxy and allows them to settle into their final state, similar to riding the boards for 20 days. This provides a much more accurate flex rating.
|Size||Waist Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip / Tail Length (cm)||Ref. Stance (cm)||Stance Setback (mm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|130cm||230||6.0||94.0||21.0 / 20.0||46||20||34 - 45|
|135cm||235||6.2||98.5||21.3 / 20.3||48||20||35 - 50|
|140cm||240||6.3||103.0||21.5 / 20.5||50||20||41 - 54|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.