The 2021 Jones Mercury is made for the all-mountain rider that wants strong response and power directly to their board. With the benefits of Skate Tech, you get a stronger, more natural connection to your board for better control and board feel, and combined with flippable straps, you can adjust the feel and flex of the bindings depending on the style of riding you will be doing that day. With an all-new highback, toe straps, and asym buckles, the Mercury delivers less fatigue, less effort, and more response, tailored to how you want to ride.
Binding Type: All Mountain
Flex (1 - Soft / 10 - Stiff):
Highback: 6 / 10
Baseplate: 8 / 10
Straps: 5-8 / 10 (Adjustable)
Board Compatibility: This binding is compatible with 2x4, 4x4, and Channel mounting systems.
Base Plate: Skate Tech w/ Hanger 2.0
While regular bindings lose energy while the baseplate flexes, the Skate Tech design pivots from the centre of the binding and focuses all of your energy on the edge of the board, so your feet can stay more relaxed while still getting maximum edge hold and control.
The 2020 Mercury hanger is nylon reinforced with 30% fibreglass, combined with a Nylon and recycled carbon post and a 50% glass filled nylon disc for added strength and stiffness with reduced weight.
High Back: Control Flex Highback
The Control Flex Highback provides an asymmetrical, mid-wide, mid-flexing profile that gives a wider lateral side for added toe side support. A stiffer spine provides stability for carving with tool-less forward lean adjustment.
Buckles: ASYM Buckles
These all-new bulletproof asymmetrical buckles feature upgraded levers, springs, and a triple action ratchet design to increase entry and release speed.
Straps: Flip It Straps + 3D AuxTech Toe Straps
The Flip It Strips are reversible, which means you can position them with the majority of the strap above the buckle for more lateral support and response, or flip them down for a looser, surfy ride with more ankle flexibility. While the toe strap has been redesigned for max comfort, durability and response.
Position the wide half of the strap above the buckle for more lateral support and board response. Use Hard Bushings for maximum board response.
Position the wide half of the strap below the buckle for solid heel support but more ankle flexibility for getting loose. Use Soft Bushings for a looser, more dynamic surf feel.
The Apollo comes with bushings that sit under the 4 binding contact points in your toe and heel. These diffuse board chatter, maintain board to binding contact, and dampen your overall ride. These Bushings snap out for easily customisable dampening and response.
Warranty: Lifetime warranty on baseplate and baseplate components. 1 year limited warranty on all other parts.
Tool-less adjuster straps
Nylon, Recycled Carbon Post
Weight: 868 grams
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.