The 2019 Jones Explorer is made for riders who want a floaty freeride board that rides as well in the park as it does in deep snow. The rocker nose and tail and 3D spoon shape gives the board great float in powder, while the positive camber underfoot gives you a solid and stable platform for hard and fast riding, and the friendly flex keeps it nice and playful for park riding and all-terrain freestyle fun. Explorer by name, explorer by nature, this board is comfortable in any kind of terrain.
Camber Type: Directional Rocker
A hybrid flex pattern which places camber underfoot and rocker in the tips, then moves it back towards the tail putting the power under your back foot. The longer rocker in the nose keeps it floating and improves manoeuvrability, while the camber underfoot enhances stability, edge hold, and response.
Flex: 6/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A mid flex that is stable at speed and responsive when you need it, but still soft enough to play around all over the mountain.
This board has a setback stance and directional flex pattern, so ride it forwards for optimum performance.
Core: Classic Core
Full wood premium poplar core that offers great pop, even flex, and reliable durability.
Base: Sintered 7000
A fast and strong base with added carbon for extra speed and good wax absorbency.
Spoon 1.0 - A subtle 3D base contour featuring an even balance of 2mm of bevel in the nose and tail. Spoon makes the base roll through turns instead of landing flat, making your turns smoother and more natural.
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
Eco-Plastic Topsheet - An ultralight chip/scratch resistant topsheet made from castor beans. Good for your board, good for the environment.
Board Lengths: 152cm, 156cm, 159cm, 158cm Wide, 161cm Wide, 164cm Wide
Stance Set back: 20mm
(158cm Wide) 262mm
(161cm) Wide 264mm
(164cm) Wide 266mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(158cm Wide) 64-86kg
(161cm) Wide 67-91kg
(164cm) Wide 77-100kg+
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.