The 2020 Capita Ultrafear snowboard is one of the most famous boards in the world. A superstar of the silver screen, the Ultrafear has been in more snowboard movies than any other, which means it's the choice of team riders looking to stack clips in the park and the streets. You don't go out filming on a board you don't trust, but if that doesn't convince you, the three Transworld Good Wood awards should do something to sway you a little more. The Ultrafear has a sixth sense for freestyle riding, featuring a forgiving, playful flat camber combined with super pressable rocket in the tip and tail, giving it a supernatural ability to press deep while keeping edge catch at a minimum. Park riders aren't the most gentle creatures, so bulletproof core reinforcements and cork edge dampening protect against impacts and will keep this board riding long after others have bent and broken. Much like its graphic, the Ultrafear provides a surreal experience, something from this reality but a little out of this world, and a familiar feeling with an extra kick. You'll know what you're riding, but you'll also know you've never ridden anything quite like it.
Board Type: Park and Street
Camber Type: Park V2 Profile
Flat camber beginning outside each insert and travelling through the centre of the board, with rocker zones from outside the inserts to the tip and tail. This new profile puts more flat in the board and shortens the rocker zones, maintaining pressability and a catch-free ride with extra stability and pop.
Flex: 5.5 / 10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
This board features a mid flex, designed to press, jib, jump, and play all over the mountain.
Shape: True Twin
Constructed the same from nose to tail, this board will ride switch and regular equally well for controlled jumps, landings, turns, and spins.
Core: Dual Blaster Ashpop Core
The Dual Blaster Ashpop Core features internal Poplar strips fused with a more dense and powerful ash wood through the insert area and along the rails. This provides a solid, predictable feel underfoot with an energetic and consistent ride.
Kevlar / Titanal Body Armour - Kevlar applied to the shoulders of the Ultrafear makes them incredibly tough and impact resistant, and it's thermally stable so it maintains its strength even at sub zero temperatures. A Titanal alloy through the centreline of the board magnifies the compression strength and takes the durability and dependability through the roof.
Cork Edge Dampening System - 1.5mm full cork dampening from contact point to contact point in both edges increase protection from blunt force impacts without adding the weight of rubber dampening.
HolySheet Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
Base: NEW Quantum Drive Base
Harder, faster and stronger than their normal sintered base, this upgrade for the 2020 model will keep you zooming.
- Multitech level 4 DeepSpace silkscreen + PAM 16000 topsheet w/ metallic underlay
- Multitech sublimation + die-cut base
- PLT topsheet technology
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges with offset seam
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4x2 inserts
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|147||111.0||248||28.9||7.60||58.4||40 - 68|
|149||112.6||250||29.2||7.65||60.9||40 - 68|
|151||114.5||252||29.5||7.70||60.9||45 - 68|
|153||116.0||254||29.7||7.80||60.9||50 - 77|
|157||120.0||256||30.1||8.10||67.5||63 - 90|
|153 Wide||116.0||259||30.2||7.86||60.9||54 - 77|
|155 Wide||118.0||260||30.4||7.96||63.5||59 - 86|
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.