The 2019 Capita Navigator is the board that will get you through uncharted terrain to the best snow of your life, and back again to civilisation. The Navigator was a brand new addition for the 2018 Capita range, branching into deep alpine territory with steely resolve and unwavering confidence with a powder-specific camber profile and directional shape, keeping you afloat and your head above snow when all your friends are cartwheeling and getting stuck. The parabolic sidecut naturally flows into a tapered tail, keeping the nose up, the tail down, and the edges ready to carve hard at any moment. The path may be treacherous, but with The Navigator under your feet you'll get all the glory.
Board Type: Powder Performance
Camber Type: Powder Profile
The Powder Profile gives it all away in the name. The best camber combination for maximum powder performance, putting flat camber through the mid section to the tail with rocker in the nose, lifting the nose up and keeping power in the tail.
Flex: 6/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff enough to plow through the powder and hold a strong edge, but soft enough to be forgiving when you need it.
Built specifically for directional all mountain charging, this board has a parabolic side cut teamed up with a tapered tail. This narrower tail naturally drops down into the powder while the wider nose section floats above the snow line. The result is less fatigue and more fun as the board surfs powder or charges through slush and hard pack.
Core: FSC Certified Dual Core
The best pieces of Birch and poplar wood are chosen for this core. The Birch is lightweight while the poplar is strong and placed under the inserts. It gives you all the power you could ever want while remaining light enough to spin on and off rails.
Base: NEW Superdrive Base
The new standard in sintered base material, this base is precision forged for ultimate durability and glide.
Carbon Fibre Beams- Carbon Fibre is laid parallel to the edge along the length of the board for more pop and power without any added weight.
Special Blend Fibreglass & Magic Bean Resin - Custom weighted Biaxial top and bottom fiberglass increases strength and durability, which is impregnated with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin.
Board Lengths: 158cm, 161cm, 164cm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.