The 2019 Capita Kazu Kokubo Pro is an all mountain board with a heart and soul in the backcountry. Breaking away from the old adage of powder boards being long and wide, the Kazu comes in shorter sizes that keeps it quick, maneuverable, and super fun to ride. The directional shape make the Kazu Pro slash through powder with ease, and draws maximum power from engineered carbon X-arcs in the tip and tail, resulting in powerful turns, solid landings, and an insane feeling of control over your board. If you've seen Kazu ride you'll know he has incredible style and a spiritual relationship with snowboarding. Take the Kazu Pro to Japan and you'll feel at one with the board, the mountain, and the heart and soul of snowboarding.
Board Type: All Mountain and Powder Performance
Camber Type: Mountain V3 Profile
The Mountain Profile features lower body camber through the body of the board with a rockered nose, allowing float and power in powder, and pop and stability on hard pack. The camber on the Kazu runs deep into the tail, providing more stable and powerful turns without trying to drive your nose under the snow.
Flex: 6.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff enough to plow through the powder and hold a strong edge, but soft enough to be forgiving when you need it.
Built specifically for all mountain riding, this board features a directional shape and tapered tail. This narrower tail naturally drops down into the powder while the wider nose section floats above the snow line. The result is less fatigue and more fun as the board surfs powder or charges through slush and hard pack.
Core: Panda Core
The Panda Core is an extremely lightweight and versatile core made from Poplar and Paulownia wood, with inlaid Bamboo power rods for incredible pop, flex, and durability.
Base: Ultradrive Base
The all new Ultradrive base is a sintered base formulated with an ultra-high molecular weight, providing insane speed and absorbing more wax, giving you a strong base that stays faster for longer.
Urethane Topsheet Anchor - Super strong and durable topsheet that helps dampen chatter.
X-Arcs Engineered Carbon - Computer engineered, pre-shaped carbon arcs placed in the nose and tail for precision performance.
Holysheet Fiberglass - Triax and Biax Holysheet fiberglass has a higher glass to weight ratio than regular fiberglass, providing a more powerful ride while staying light, and then coupled with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based Magic Bean Resin.
Board Lengths: 151cm, 154cm, 157cm, 160cm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.