The 2018 Capita Defenders of Awesome is for the perfectionist that wants to ride one of the best snowboards ever designed. Don't believe us? Just look at the DOAs trophy case, you'll see a Transworld Good Wood award for every single year of its existence. We hear you, what makes this board so awesome? How about the hybrid camber that puts the pop and response of positive camber back in your board while still keeping a catch free and easy flexing ride, or maybe its the snappy carbon and Kevlar Bound Sidewalls that make this thing feel alive, or maybe its the amazing graphics that would easily make this board a best seller even if it wasn't any good to ride. Thankfully that was never an issue, but with the DOA receiving an all new fibreglass and resin construction along with an updated Superdrive base, it rides even better than before.
Board Type: Park Laps and Everywhere Else
Camber Type: Hybrid Camber Profile
Positive Camber through the middle of the board with a small section of Flat from the inserts to the contact points, and small rocker sections in the tip and tail for a catch free ride. This board rides with the pop and great carving skills of a camber board, but you won't dig your nose and tail contact points in quite as hard which means less unexpected bails after landing your tricks.
Flex: 5.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Great Medium flex that can hit big jumps, press rails and ride all over the mountain.
Shape: True Twin
Built for multi directional riding, spinning and jibbing. Ride it forwards, backwards or upside down.
Core: FSC Certified Dual Core
The best pieces of Birch and poplar wood are chosen for this core. The Birch is lightweight while the poplar is strong and placed under the inserts. It gives you all the power you could ever want while remaining light enough to spin on and off rails.
Base: NEW Superdrive Base
The new standard in sintered base material, this base is precision forged for ultimate durability and glide.
Carbon Fibre Beams- Carbon Fibre is laid parallel to the edge along the length of the board for more pop and power without any added weight.
Fortress Kevlar Bound Sidewalls - Kevlar is laid up above the sidewalls for extra control and power in your turns.
Special Blend Fibreglass & Magic Bean Resin - Custom weighted Biaxial top and bottom fiberglass increases strength and durability, which is impregnated with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin.
Board Lengths: 148cm, 150cm, 152cm, 154cm, 156cm, 158cm
Stance Set Back: 0mm
(155cm Wide) 258mm
(158cm Wide) 260mm
(161cm Wide) 262mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(155cm Wide) 60-95kg
(158cm Wide) 65-100kg
(161cm Wide) 70-105kg
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.