The 2018 Capita Black Snowboard of Death has achieved legendary status as a high performance all-terrain dominator, but throughout it's seventeen year reign the only thing that has remained constant is the name. For 2018 the Black Snowboard of Death has been completely redesigned to return to its original purpose, being a force to be reckoned with absolutely anywhere. The directional shape has been dialled back to restore balance, combined with a custom designed rocker profile in the nose, and positive camber throughout the guts of the board, you'll be the undisputed captain of this vessel and will feel control like you've never experienced before, in any condition. All new technology is employed throughout the entire board, most notably in the Hyperdrive NC12 base, which is space-age technology designed to push the limits and hit speeds so high you'll feel like you're jumping to hyperspace. With the Black Snowboard of Death under your feet, it'll be smooth sailing no matter how rough the seas get.
Board Type: All Mountain and Powder Performance
Camber Type: Mountain Profile
The Mountain Profile features camber through the body of the board with a flat tail and a rockered nose, allowing float and power in powder, and pop and stability on hard pack.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff enough to plow through the powder and hold a strong edge, but soft enough to be forgiving when you need it.
Built specifically for directional all mountain charging, this board has a radial side cut teamed up with a tapered tail. This narrower tail naturally drops down into the powder while the wider nose section floats above the snow line. The result is less fatigue and more fun as the board surfs powder or charges through slush and hard pack.
Core: FSC Certified Hover Core
Only available in the Black Snowboard of Death, this is Capita's version of the most technically advanced core ever. It is designed using the highest end and lightest weight materials for a board that is so light and strong it feels like you are hovering over everything.
Base: NEW Hyperdrive NC12 Base
Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene, custom engineered with special additives. The fastest base on snow bar none.
Urethane Topsheet Anchor - Super strong and durable topsheet that helps dampen chatter.
X-Arcs Engineered Carbon - Computer engineered, pre-shaped carbon arcs placed in the tail and doubled up in the nose for precision performance.
Holysheet Fiberglass - Triax and Biax Holysheet fiberglass has a higher glass to weight ratio than regular fiberglass, providing a more powerful ride while staying light, and then coupled with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based Magic Bean Resin.
Board Lengths: 156cm, 159cm, 162cm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.