The 2021 Burton SLX is the upper echelon of snowboarding performance in Burton's boot range. With the most comfortable and lightweight Life+ Liner and a versatile mid-stiff flex, the SLX includes every technical aspect that Burton offers within its range. The heat retention of the DRYRIDE Heat Cycle interior, the Sleeping Bag underfoot foam, and the exclusive ReBounce cushioning reflects body heat to keep your feet warm all day while out on the slopes or hiking to your next backcountry adventure.
Boot Type: All-Mountain/Backcountry
Boot Flex (1 = soft / 10 = stiff): 7/10
Lacing System: Speed Zone
Burton's Speed-Zone Lacing consists of two independent zones, controlled by two separate laces allowing you to customise your fit with ease ,and get in and out of your boot in record time. Burton exclusively use New England Ropes for their Speed Zone and Boa laces, which are used by stunt men, firefighters, and rescue teams, so you know you can count on them.
Burton offers 1:1 lasting on every boot, which means every half and full size shell, tongue, and outsole fit perfectly with the liner, offering an ideal fit for every size.
Total Comfort Construction
Total Comfort Construction is a Burton exclusive technology which helps eliminate the break-in period for you boots, giving you an instantly comfortably boot right out of the box that feels just as good from day 1 to day 100.
Ultraweave Shell Material
This woven engineered construction creates lasting and powerful support while reducing seams, waste, and weight thanks to a super-efficient production process. The durable, water resistant design maintains consistent flex for the life of the boot, and looks like something from the future.
Easy Slide Articulating Cuff
This technology allows the upper and lower zones of the boot to flex independently, minimising shell distortion, maximising heel hold and response, and creating smoother, more fluid motion in the boot.
Liner: Life+ Liner
The Burton Life+ Liner fuses lightweight materials with a more relaxed feel for multi-season comfort, high-end performance, and a fit that is better for a wider variety of foot shapes, and features Ultralon performance foam and a durable and responsive PU tongue for speedy response and long lasting consistent performance. The Life+ Liner features the Burton Tuff Cuff, which increases heel hold and wraps the ankle with medial and lateral support while still flexing freely from toe to heel. What separates the Life+ Liner from the standard Life Liner is an upgraded Level 3 footbed, and extra DryRide Heat Cycle material for even more warmth, comfort, and support.
DryRide Heat Cycle Lining
This breathable inner-lining technology utilises interwoven thermally activated carbon thread to capture, radiate, and reflect body heat inward to keep feet warmer while also wicking heat-robbing moisture outward.
Cushioning / Outsole: Vibram X-Wing Outsole
The SLX features a 30% recycled Vibram X-Wing Outsole for the legendary grip that Vibram is known for, with a more lightweight, eco-friendly construction. This works in conjunction with dual zone EVA and B3 gel in the toe and heel, giving you luxurious comfort and shock absorption along with dependable traction. A low profile, lightweight layer of Sleeping Bag Reflective Foil underfoot reflects heat from your foot back into the boot, keeping the heat in and the cold out.
50% Recycled EcoStep Plus Rubber
This rubber cushioning/traction technology provides maximum grip while being extra nice to the environment. This is combined with B3 Gel cushioning in the heel, which is formulated to deliver ultimate dampening and withstand repeated impacts and cold temperatures without breaking down or hardening.
This Burton-exclusive technology brings the cushion closer to your foot, placing it within the shell of your boot for an added layer of impact protection directly below your foot. This is wrapped in a heat-reflective material that keeps the cushioning consistent even in freezing temperatures.
Shrinkage Footprint Reduction Technology
The Imperial also features Burtons exclusive Shrinkage Footprint Reduction Technology, which reduces the footprint of your boot closer to a size below while still fitting like your correct size, helping to eliminate toe and heel drag without sacrificing comfort.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.