The 2019 Burton Ripcord is the board that will help you get out of the beginner zone as fast as possible, and push your skills to the next level. Full of features that make riding as fun as possible, and reduce the chances of catching an edge. The Flat Top profile is easy and forgiving to ride, but still stable when you want to ride fast. The Easy Bevel keeps the edge away from the snow, so you can focus or working on riding rather than worrying about catching your edge.
For an easy turning, easy riding soft and fun board, you can't go past the Ripcord.
Camber Type: Flat Top
More fun than a house party the Flat Top camber gives stability and edge control while still giving lift in the tip and tail for a loose and fun feel.
Flex: 2/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
Directional Flex - This board is constructed differently from nose to tail to give you an easier, more responsive ride when riding in your natural stance.
Built to ride forwards with a small amount of taper towards the tail and a softer nose. This makes the board easier to ride forwards, but won't affect you too much riding switch.
Core: Fly 900g
A classic tip to tail lightweight wood core. Squeezebox low performance puts thicker core sections outside the bindings for evenly distributing energy while softer under the bindings for movability.
Easy care and easy fix base. It may not be the fastest but thats a good thing when you haven't mastered stopping yet!
The Channel - Near infinite stance possibilities, super easy customisation, and seamless integration with Burton EST bindings. Check your binding to make sure it is compatible with the channel.
Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.
Easy Bevel - Pre-beveled edges for minimal catch while remaining responsive.
Pro-Tip - A thinner tip and tail means reduced weight and swing when in the air, helping you to send it!
Boards Lengths: 150cm, 154cm, 156cm Wide, 157cm, 158cm Wide, 162cm Wide
(156cm Wide) 258mm
(158cm Wide) 259mm
(162cm Wide) 261mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(150cm) 54-82 kg
(154cm) 54-82 kg
(156cm Wide) 61-79 kg
(157cm) 68-91 kg
(158cm Wide) 66-84 kg
(162cm Wide) 82-118kg
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.