The 2022 Burton Photon Boa is fully equipped to make you charge the mountain harder than ever, spend more time exploring, and not have you worry about dreaded foot pains of any kind. The stiffer flexing, premium response you get from the comfortable, high-end Imprint 3 Liner is second to none allowing you to go beyond and rush your riding to plus ultra levels. The GripLite Backstay and EST optimised midsole, and get in and ready to ride in record time thanks to the convenient and effective Dual Zone Boa system with Lockdown Tech. The Photon is all about speed, comfort, and security, so get in quick.
This Wide model boot features 3E width to better fit a wider foot.
Boot Type: Intermediate - Advanced All-Mountain / Park / Backcountry
Boot Flex: 7/10 (Mid/Stiff)
Lacing System: Double Boa Coiler
Burton's Double Boa lacing consists of two independent zones, controlled by two separate laces allowing you to customise your fit with ease, and get in and out of your boot in record time. Burton exclusively use New England Ropes for their Speed Zone and Boa laces, which are used by stunt men, firefighters, and rescue teams, so you know you can count on them.
A Burton Boa exclusive technology that reroutes the laces to control three distinct zones with a single dial. Simultaneously tighten your upper, lower, and heel for a consistent fit and stronger heel hold.
Burton offers 1:1 lasting on every boot, which means every half and full size shell, tongue, and outsole fit perfectly with the liner, offering an ideal fit for every size.
Total Comfort Construction
Total Comfort Construction is a Burton exclusive technology which helps eliminate the break-in period for you boots, giving you an instantly comfortably boot right out of the box that feels just as good from day 1 to day 100.
The GripLite Backstay is made of a weight-saving rubber print that creates a stronger connection between boot and highback, giving you better grip, response, and more direct energy transfer from boot to binding.
Liner: Imprint 3 Liner
The Imprint 3 Liner is a top tier liner from Burton, with the warmest, most comfortable, and most performance-driven fit right out of the box. The Imprint 3 Liner features the Focus Cuff Heel Hold System with hook and loop J-bar interface for easily customisable, rock solid heel hold and minimal lateral movement with free toe to heel flex, Lightweight Power Panels for added response, Rad Pad for lace comfort, DryRide Heat Cycle Lining which maintains warmth while wicking away moisture, a moulded EVA footbed with ESS support, and an Aegis antimicrobial treatment for long lasting stink-free boots.
Cushioning / Outsole: Vibram EcoStep Rubber Outsole
The Photon features a 30% recycled Vibram EcoStep rubber outsole for the legendary grip that Vibram is known for, with a more lightweight, eco-friendly construction. This works in conjunction with dual zone EVA and B3 gel in the toe and heel, giving you luxurious comfort and shock absorption along with dependable traction. A low profile, lightweight layer of Sleeping Bag Reflective Foil underfoot reflects heat from your foot back into the boot, keeping the heat in and the cold out.
EST Optimised Midsole
EST isn't just specific to bindings. This boot features an EST Optimised Midsole, which has a lower profile, lighter weight, and a reduced ramp angle for a more direct connection to your binding without sacrificing any cushioning.
Shrinkage Footprint Reduction Technology
This boot features Burtons exclusive Shrinkage Footprint Reduction Technology, which reduces the footprint of your boot closer to a size below while still fitting like your correct size, helping to eliminate toe and heel drag without sacrificing comfort.
This product is only available for shipping within Australia.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.