The 2019 Burton Free Thinker is a board you've surely seen a lot of already, with a huge number of Burton riders showcasing this board at the 2018 Olympics, and for good reason, its a freestyle prodigy with a pow-friendly, ride anything approach, coming from the wide open perspective mind of Danny Davis. This is the board you'll see Danny riding in resort, bringing his unique, creative, and fun loving approach to the park, the pipe, and anything that looks fun to jump on, off, or over. A powerful traditional camber profile give this board solid edge hold and instant response, as well as poppy ollies, powerful turns, and strong stability at speed. The Free Thinker will broaden your horizons and open your mind to a spiritual side of snowboarding few will ever experience. Or maybe it'll just be a super fun ride.
Board Type: All-Mountain Freestyle
Camber Type: Positive camber
The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control.
Flex: 5-8/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
Twin Flex - Board is constructed the same at both ends to give a smooth ride while riding regular or switch.
Ride it forwards, backwards, or upside down, this board is constructed exactly the same tip to tail for an identical ride when going switch or regular.
FSC Certified Super fly II 700G - By using stronger and lighter wood throughout the core, this board has the pop and strength where its needed while keeping things super light.
45° Carbon Highlights - A tip to tail carbon layer reduces weight and contains 45° angled fibres, fine tuning the torsional flex to make a more aggressive ride. The addition of carbon strands to the angled fibre layers adds life to the board and further reduces weight.
Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge on two unbroken zones, perpendicular to the rest of the core. This gives consistent edge hold and strength.
Squeezebox - A thicker and more powerful core section with thinner and more flexible sections in the tip and tail. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
Base: Sintered WFO
Standing for Wide F!#@ing Open, this base made from an extra absorbent, high density sintered material that is infused with a specially formulated wax, resulting in an ultra durable base that rides Wide F!#@ing Open.
Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
Pro Tip - A thinner tip and tail means reduced weight and swing when in the air, helping you to send it!
Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out slightly underneath your bindings for enhanced edge hold on hardpack and ice.
Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.
Boards Lengths: 150cm, 154cm, 157cm, 157cm Wide, 160cm, 160cm Wide
Stance Set Back: 0mm
(157cm Wide) 260mm
(160cm Wide) 263mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(157cm Wide) 61-90kg
(160cm Wide) 66-95kg
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
This product is only available for shipping within Australia.
We have extended our return period until 10/1/22 for all orders placed on or after 20/11/21. Our usual return policy applies, however you will be able to shop with confidence knowing that you have over 2 weeks after Christmas day to return your items.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.