The 2019 Burton Flight Attendant is at your service on the snow and in the skies. The Flight Attendant has been making waves in both freeride and freestyle circles due to its incredible ability to carve hard and catch air, taking a freestyle approach to freeriding and vice versa. This is thanks to the directional shape and directional camber, not only giving you a slightly larger nose to power through powder, but also a more rigid nose and snappier tail so you can pop like crazy and turn on a dime in any snow condition. If you're a powder hound with a passion for sending yourself off everything, then strap yourself in because this baby is preparing for takeoff.
Board Type: All-Mountain Freestyle/Powder
Camber Type: Directional camber
The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control. This directional version puts rocker in the nose, giving you more power underfoot and enhanced float.
Flex: 5-8/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
Directional Flex - This board is constructed differently from nose to tail, putting more pop in the tail and strengthening the nose, allowing you to easily maintain control and charge through a variety of snow conditions.
With a slightly longer and wider nose than tail, this board can pop off a decent ollie while still having the nose to float above any powder that comes your way.
FSC Certified Super fly II 700G - By using stronger and lighter wood throughout the core, this board has the pop and strength where its needed while keeping things super light.
Triax Fibreglass with Carbon I-Beam - Triaxial fibreglass with an ultralight carbon backbone gives you a versatile ride with incredible pop and power.
Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge on two unbroken zones, perpendicular to the rest of the core. This gives consistent edge hold and strength.
Squeezebox - A thicker and more powerful core section with thinner and more flexible sections in the tip and tail. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
Base: Sintered WFO
Standing for Wide F!#@ing Open, this base made from an extra absorbent, high density sintered material that is infused with a specially formulated wax, resulting in an ultra durable base that rides Wide F!#@ing Open.
Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
Balanced Freeride Geometry - A setback camber and stance-centred sidecut makes this board feel like a twin when riding flat based, but still has the tight turns and effortless float you'd expect from a directional board.
Pro Tip - A thinner tip and tail means reduced weight and swing when in the air, helping you to send it!
Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.
Boards Lengths: 156cm, 159cm, 159cm Wide, 162cm Wide
Stance Set Back: 35mm
(159cm Wide) 260mm
(162cm Wide) 264mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(159cm Wide) 61-90kg
(162cm Wide) 66-95kg
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.