The 2020 Burton Custom X sits atop the Burton lineup, boasting aggression and precision few boards can match. Burton have pushed the limits with the Custom X, fitting in as much tech as possible while keeping the weight staggeringly low and delivering a stiff, stable, and responsive board fit for the worlds best. For this reason it is the weapon of choice for Burton riders when they need top-tier performance, from steep backcountry lines to world class competitions like the Olympics and anything in between, as long as it involves riding hard, riding fast, and pushing limits. If you can handle it, strap yourself in and you'll forget about every other board you've ever been on.
The Custom X also comes in Burtons Flying-V hybrid camber for a floatier, more forgiving, and more versatile ride.
Skill Level: Expert
Board Type: All Mountain
Camber Type: Positive
The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. Traditional camber is the most aggressive camber type, offering unmatched power, response, and edge control.
Flex: 8/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
Twin Flex - This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
This shape features a slightly longer nose than tail, which concentrates pop in the tail while providing extra float and control in any terrain.
FSC Certified Dragonfly 600G - This core features stronger and lighter woods targeted in specific areas to provide more pop and strength while reducing weight along with end-grain woods in impact zones which allows lighter woods to be used in place of heavier woods, reducing weight without compromising strength.
Multizone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge in four separate zones adjacent to the channel, channeling power from the source directly to the edges for ultimate strength and edge control.
45° Carbon Highlights High Voltage - A tip to tail carbon layer reduces weight and contains 45° angled fibres, fine tuning the torsional flex to make a more aggressive ride. The addition of carbon strands to the angled fibre layers adds life to the board and further reduces weight.
Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
Base: Sintered WFO
Standing for Wide F!#@ing Open, this base made from an extra absorbent, high density sintered material that is infused with a specially formulated wax, resulting in an ultra durable base that rides Wide F!#@ing Open.
Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
Pro Tip - The tip and tail of this board taper out at the points, reducing swing weight and promoting mobility.
Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out slightly underneath your bindings for enhanced edge hold on hardpack and ice.
Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.
|Size||Weight Range||Waist Width (mm)||Stance Location (mm)||Running Length (mm)||Sidecut Radius (m)||Sidecut Depth (mm)||Stance Width (mm)||Nose/Tail Width (mm)||Effective Edge (mm)|
|150||54 - 82kg||248||-12.5||1085||7.4||20.0||505||288.1||1135|
|154||54 - 82kg||250||-12.5||1125||7.6||20.8||530||291.5||1175|
|156||68 - 91kg||252||-12.5||1145||7.8||21.1||530||294.3||1195|
|158||68 - 91kg||254||-12.5||1165||7.9||21.5||560||297.0||1215|
68 - 91kg
|162 Wide||82 - 118kg+||264||-12.5||1205||8.2||22.2||560||308.5||1255|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
This product is only available for shipping within Australia.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.