The Burton Amplifier is a new board from Burton this season, that gives you a stable and catch free ride that you can take anywhere on the mountain.
The twin shape and softer flex make the Amplifier feel at home in the park, making presses and butters easy. The Flat Top profile of the board keeps it stable while you are riding fast, and the rocker tip and tail give it a looser and more forgiving feeling when getting those spins around.
The Amplifier gives you really good board feel, with the Squeezebox core profiling gives you an easier ride feel, which has stiffer zones outside of your feet, that are designed to give you better energy transfer to the nose and tail of the board, while still giving the board a smooth flex between the bindings. You end up with more control over your board with less effort.
Best for beginner to intermediate riders, if you want a board that will let you learn new things in the park while still being able to ride everywhere on the mountain, this is the board you want.
Camber Type: Flat Top
More fun than a house party the Flat Top camber gives stability and edge control while still giving lift in the tip and tail for a loose and fun feel.
Flex: Medium Soft
Completely symmetrical, so no matter whether you are riding it regular or switch, it will ride exactly the same.
Core: Fly 800g
A classic tip to tail lightweight wood core. Squeezebox low performance puts thicker core sections outside the bindings for evenly distributing energy while softer under the bindings for movability.
Easy care and easy fix base. It may not be the fastest but thats a good thing when you haven't mastered stopping yet!
Frostbite Edges - Edges that extend out under your bindings a little for extra grip on hard packed snow and ice.
Scoop - Exaggerated scoop on the nose and tail give you a looser and more forgiving feel for all kinds of riding.
Pro-Tip - The tapered tip and tail keep the weight of the board down, making it easier to move and spin.
Infinite Ride - The pre-broken in board means that you get a rides the same as it does on the first day as it does on the 100th.
Boards Lengths: 147cm, 150cm, 154cm, 155cm Wide, 157cm, 159cm Wide, 163cm Wide
(156cm Wide) 257mm
(159cm Wide) 259mm
(163cm Wide) 261mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(156cm Wide) 68-91kg
(159cm Wide) 68-91kg
(163cm Wide) 82-118kg+
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.