The 2019 Bataleon Magic Carpet will take you on a journey you'll never forget. Branded as the ultimate resort powder board, the Magic Carpet is a do-it-all board with a powder focused design and a flair for freestyle. This is thanks to its unique Twin Pow 3BT shape, which gives you effortless float in both directions, as well as the freestyle ability of a true twin park board. It rides powder like you were riding on air, it carves groomers with catch-free precision, and it can slay the park and sidehits like it was never even meant to ride powder. Don't think of the Magic Carpet as a powder board, think of it as your ticket to a good time regardless of the conditions.
Board Type: All Mountain
Camber Type: Twin Pow 3BT
Twin Pow 3BT has a narrow centrebase and maximum uplift along with an exaggerated symmetrical tip and tail. This allows both your nose and tail to float effortlessly in powder and gives the board a loose, fun feeling in all snow conditions when riding both regular and switch.
All 3BT boards have a positive camber profile but vary in the degree of camber and uplift across the width of the board. The Magic Carpet has a Low Camber profile which allows it to flex, press, and float with minimal effort.
Sidekick - Sidekick dramatically increases the amount of uplift just outside the widest points of the nose and tail. This makes turn initiation smoother, enhances float, and improves handling in rough terrain.
Flex: 6/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A mid flex for stability at speed, responsive turns, and powerful pop.
This board is a true twin, meaning it's perfectly symmetrical for riding both switch and regular.
Core: Light Core
The Light Core features a 50-50 blend of Poplar and Paulownia woods for optimal strength to weight properties.
D.S.T - The Dual Super Tube upgrade puts two hollow carbon rods in the bottom of the core, enhancing pop and putting more snap into the camber.
Carbon Stringers - This board has two carbon stringers running from the nose and tail to the inserts. This makes the board punch through powder and charge through hard landings while still being easy to flex.
Triax Laminate - A 3-way fibreglass weave that strengthens the flex pattern and keeps the board light, strong, and responsive.
Base: Hyper Glide S
The Hyper Glide S base is the standard sintered base from Bataleon. Tough and fast, and even faster when you keep it waxed.
Boards Lengths: 151cm, 154cm, 156cm
Stance Set Back: 0mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.