If you are after a super soft board for jibbing, 2018 Bataleon Disaster is all you need. The soft flex, low camber, wide centerbase and mellow base uplift mean that is stable and will keep your 50-50s and presses locked in without much effort. If you like to lap the park all day hitting rails, the Disaster will make you look good doing it.
Camber Type: Jib 3BT
Jib 3BT has the widest centerbase, and just a little edge uplift. Enough to give you a nice a buttery ride, that will still give you solid edge hold when you are carving because of the low camber profile.
Flex: 2/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A soft flex rating, that is going to make your flexing, butters and presses look super easy.
Shape: True Twin
The true twin shape means that there is no difference in the board no matter which way you ride it.
Core: Core Core
A poplar core, that has beech hardwood laid tip to tail along the inserts. The added beech gives the board a little more stiffness and extra pop, but doesn't make the board torsionally stiff.
Base: Super Slick X
Not your standard extruded base, the Super Slick X has the highest molecular content for an extruded base, which means that it is slick, tough and doesn't need much maintenance.
Biax Laminate - Light, strong and responsive fiberglass pattern.
Boards Lengths: 148cm, 151cm, 153cm
Stance Set Back: 0mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.