The 2022 Bataleon Boss snowboard will be the best boss you've ever had. Thriving on the large jump lines and gnarliest terrain, the Boss will be doing all the hard work for you whilst you reap all the benefits and more. Featuring a versatile mid flex and a powerful yet poppy Twin 3BT camber profile, the boss will improve your freestyle riding and push you to new limits in the park, all whilst enjoying buttery smooth landings and explosive transitions. The Boss is the board that will lead you up the food chain to an executive freestyle shredder.
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in May 2021. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Rider Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Board Type: All Mountain Freestyle
Camber Type: Dynamic Camber
All 3BT boards have a positive camber profile but vary in the degree of camber and uplift across the width of the board. The Boss has a Dynamic Camber profile for powerful edge hold, strong pop, and predictable response.
Flex: 6/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A mid flex for strong presses, stability at speed, responsive turns, and powerful pop.
This board is a true twin, meaning it's perfectly symmetrical for riding both switch and regular.
Freestyle 3BT is a versatile freestyle focused profile with a wide centrebase for added stability at speed without losing jib capabilities. The uplift angle is low and begins outside the bindings for precision control with less hang-ups. The wide centrebase offers a stable platform to press, load up ollies and put down landings.
Sidekick dramatically increases the amount of uplift just outside the widest points of the nose and tail. This makes turn initiation smoother, enhances float, and improves handling in rough terrain.
Core: Super Ultra Light Core
The Super Ultra Light Core features a 80-20 blend of Poplar and Paulownia woods, giving it the best strength to weight ratio in the Bataleon range.
C.S.T - The Central Super Tube upgrade puts one hollow carbon rod down the centre of the core, adding pop without increasing torsional stiffness.
Carbon Stringers - This board has two carbon stringers crossed under each insert. This enhances response, torsional stiffness, and power underfoot.
Triax Laminate - A 3-way fibreglass weave that strengthens the flex pattern and keeps the board light, strong, and responsive.
AirRide - The AirRide core additive dampens vibrations and makes riding smoother at high speeds. It’s like having a suspension system in your snowboard.
Base: Ultra Glide S
The Ultra Glide S base has maximum molecular content for a Sintered base, making it super tough and super fast.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts
|Length||Contact Length (cm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Waist Width (mm)||Nose / Tail Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Setback (cm)||Min - Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|154cm||112.5||117.5||250||290||7.9||0||50.5 - 62.5||59 - 77|
|157cm||114.7||119.7||254||295||8.1||0||51 - 63||61 - 79+|
|159cm||116.7||121.7||256||299||8.2||0||51.5 - 63.5||70 - 88+|
|156cm Wide||114.2||119.2||264||305||7.9||0||51 - 63||61 - 79+|
|159cm Wide||116.7||121.7||266||308||8.2||0||51.5 - 63.5||70 - 88+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.