New to the market for the 2021 season, the Bataleon Astro is a comfortable, responsive and durable all-mountain, mid flexing binding. Built to work hand-in-hand with the smooth ride of Bataleon snowboards, these bindings offer a responsive highback and baseplate, giving you full heel-toe control while carving on groomers or slashing through powder, but still fun enough to ride in the park while jumping off everything. With the extra padding through the foot and ultra-comfortable Infinity ankle and toe strap for added response, the Astro is certainly aiming to be a player in the high-end binding market.
Flex: Medium/Stiff - 7/10 (1 Soft - 10 Stiff)
Board Compatibility: This binding uses the Mini Disc which is compatible with boards featuring a 2x4 mounting system and the Burton Channel system. Not compatible with 4x4 mounting systems.
Base Plate: Fullwrap Chassis
The Bataleon Fullwrap Chassis was designed to offer an unmatched heel-toe response and to maximize energy transfer into your board. Made of 70% nylon and 30% glass fiber, this chassis offers a great strength-to-weight ratio.
High Back: Astro Fullback
The lightweight, three-faceted design of the Astro Fullback is made of 86% nylon and 14% glass fiber giving a highback that is nice and responsive while carving but still playful enough to tweak when needed.
Infinity Ankle Strap
The Infinity Ankle Strap is constructed using three different materials all fused together during the injection process. This creates a strap that offers different areas of stiffness and flex which is the perfect balance of comfort and response.
Infinity Toe Strap
By using a geomatic pattern in the injection process, this strap conforms to the geometry of the boot by using the strap shape, rather than the elastic properties of the material. This allows the strap to expand to perfectly fit the shape of your boot with minimal deformation of the material.
2° Canted Footbed
This angled footbed puts your knees and body in the most natural and ergonomic position on the board, reducing fatigue and letting you ride longer.
By using a dual-density sub-base cushion, the padding offers a more responsive ride and comfort underfoot compared to traditional EVA.
For easier entry and exit from your bindings, the strap uses its concave shape to pop open when released.
Medium/Large: 7.5 - 10.0 US / 25.5 - 28.0 MP / 40.0 - 43.0 EU
Large/X-Large: 10.5 - 14.0 US / 28.5 - 32.0 MP / 44.0 - 48.5 EU
This product is only available for shipping within Australia.
Please be aware that during lockdown we are not able to process on the spot exchanges. If Melbourne Snowboard Centre is within your allowed radius you are welcome to return your item for a store credit. We will endeavour to issue your credit as soon as possible.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.