The 2020 Arbor Annex is the newest and most technical board in their line, that is Bryan Iguchi's creation and an evolution of his Iguchi Pro Camber board. Focused on riding big mountain lines, the Annex has a longer nose, 2cm of taper and a stub tail. With those three features you get a ride that floats easily through powder, has strong edge hold and a tail that can handle big drops and deep slashes.
Board Type: Powder and Freeride
Camber Type: The Camber System
The Camber System from Arbor is a parabolic take on positive camber that progressively reduces the amount of camber towards the tip and tail. This ensures your contact points don't dig too hard into the snow, preventing edge catch, making it easier to turn and spin, and giving you a poppy ride with fully engaged performance.
Flex: 7/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A mid-stiff flex that is perfect for hard charging riders that need to get the most from their boards, but still like it to have a bit of play.
This board has a directional shape, with a shorter tail and taper for smooth and powerful turns, with extra float in deep snow.
Core: Double Barrel Core
A blend of Poplar with Paulownia, that has bamboo stringers running down the center of the board, which add extra pop.
Base: Sintered Base
A high molecular weight base that provides extra durability and speed.
Bio Plastic Topsheet - Made from Biobean Oil, it is an eco-friendly topsheet that is very durable and water resistant, as well as reducing the need for petroleum based plastics in the production of the boards.
Mixed Glassing - A Triax and Biax layup that provides superior versatility over standard Triax or Biax layups.
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Ref Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.