The 2020 Academy Team is a directional hybrid camber twin, which is perfect for riders who want a freestyle board, that they can ride all over the mountain. The Hybrid camber profile puts regular camber between your feet, and rocker on the nose and tail. Combining the camber with the Vario Power Grip sidecut, you get edge hold you can rely on, without the catchy feeling.
Board Type: All-Mountain Freestyle
Camber Type: Hybrid
Regular camber between your feet, with rocker on the nose and tail. Solid edge hold, pop as well as float in deep snow.
Flex: 8/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
Shape: Directional Twin
A twin shaped board, with a set back stance.
Core: Ultralight Core
Built with lightweight Canadian aspen, you get a consistent flex, with a light weight that is very durable.
Base: Durasurf 4501 Sintered Base
A base material made exclusively for Academy and Never Summer, featuring a high density construction that provides extreme speed and lasting durability.
Bi-Lite Fiberglass: Super light and super strong. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
Sintered P-Tex Sidewall: Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls, that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
Vario Power Grip Sidecut: Utilizing multiple radiuses, this sidecut creates extra contact points to enhance edge hold.
Waist Width (mm)
Effective Edge (cm)
|Recommended Rider Weight (kg)|
50 - 68
59 - 86
63 - 90
|157 Wide||260||121||Vario 740||29.1||60+|
|160 Wide||261||124||Vario 743||30.7||70+|
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.