The 2022 Academy Master snowboard was created by Chris Roach with the goal to have one board that performs anywhere, in any condition. Completely dominating powder and groomers, the Master is a stable and responsive board that charges harder than most others. It even can hold its own in the park thanks to the mid stiffness of the core and loves to be pressed and buttered all over the mountain. Made from only the finest materials and constructed with that Never Summer finesse and quality, the Master is your premium quality snowboard that is sure to catch the eye of everyone around.
Board Type: All Mountain
Camber Type: Micro Camber (2-3mm)
The original, tried and true camber type, and the advocate of powerful turns and poppy precision. As a toned down adaptation of positive camber, Micro camber is geared towards people who want the pop and stability of camber underfoot without it being aggressive.
Flex: 7/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
This snowboard has a shaped nose and tail profile with a setback stance and directional flex pattern. Ride it forwards for optimum performance.
Core: Ultralight Core
This core is constructed from lightweight Canadian aspen wood, which provides maximum strength, consistent flex, and lasting longevity.
Bi-Lite Fibreglass - Super light and super strong. This delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
Carbon V Tech
Base: Durasurf Sintered 4501 Base
This sintered ultra high molecular weight base has excellent wax absorption, resulting in greater speeds.
Stainless 10mm 2x4 inserts - Super light, super strong, and won't rust.
Sintered P-Tex Sidewall - Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls, that have a tendency to crack in colder temperatures, Sintered P-tex Sidewalls maintain their integrity at any temperature.
Vario Power Grip Sidecut - Utilizing multiple radiuses, this sidecut creates extra contact points to enhance edge hold.
Low Profile Tip/Tail - A low profile in the nose and tail of the snowboard maximizes material contact with the snow for more powerful ollie/nollie pop and adds stability to your landings.
Underfoot Balancing Stabilisers - These stabilisers are placed directly below the mounting area to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
Full Wrap Metal Edges
Featherweight Damping System
Built By Never Summer - Academy has partnered with Never Summer Manufacturing in order to build some of the best snowboards in the world. Backed by a two-year warranty, this partnership ensures long term production quality, durability and consistency.
Waist Width (mm)
Effective Edge (cm)
|Recommended Rider Weight (kg)|
|155||253||119||Vario 785||29.7||73 - 91|
|157||255||121||Vario 811||29.9||77 - 95|
|161||257||124||Vario 840||30.8||91 - 110+|
|159 Wide||264||121||Vario 810||30.8||86 - 105|
|162 Wide||267||124||Vario 843||31.1||91 - 110+|
We have extended our return period until 10/1/22 for all orders placed on or after 20/11/21. Our usual return policy applies, however you will be able to shop with confidence knowing that you have over 2 weeks after Christmas day to return your items.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.